.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Assignment; Bias, Rhetorical Devices, Argumentation

An example of bias within this speech would be to point out and make public the dish 1sty, the downright villainy, of Boss Jim W. Gettys political utensil now in complete control of the government of this state One example of fallacies that I found in this speech was Now, however, I have roundthing more than than a hope. And Jim Gettys Jim Gettys has something less than a chance. Every straw vote, each independent poll shows that Ill be elected. Now I can afford to make some promises Some rhetorical devices found in this speech were Alliteration Now, however, I have something more than a hope.And Jim Gettys Jim Gettys has something less than a chance. Every straw vote, every independent poll shows that Ill be elected. Now I can afford to make some promises Alliteration The working man The working man and the spend child know they can expect my best efforts in their interests. The decent, ordinary citizens know that Ill do everything in my power to protect the underprivileg ed, the underpaid, and the the underfed Alliteration Heres one promise Ill make, and boss Jim Gettys knows Ill keep it Hyperbole with one purpose only to point out and make public the dishonesty, the downright villainy, of Boss Jim W.Gettys political mechanism now in complete control of the government of this State Paradox Well, Id make my promises now if I werent too busy arranging to keep them. The vocaliser addressed arguments in the first paragraph of the speech by stating that because of Jim Gettys control he had no hope of being elected. In the second paragraph however, he reinforces that he is being elected by stating, Now I can afford to make promises By doing this, he is preparing to address any potential counterarguments by shaping his speech to combat what the opposition might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment