.

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Analyzing My Self Reflective Essay - 1165 Words

In reviewing my self-reflective essay from my Introduction to English Studies I have surmised that I have changed quite a bit, in terms of what should be considered as literature and a part of literary studies. My previous idea of literature was largely shaped by the texts I had read in high school and the more â€Å"archaic† courses reviewing Shakespeare, Milton, and Chaucer. As I began to explore other classes I was able to create a new definition. The most encompassing perspective was gained in my Theories of Rhetoric and Writing course. Here, my colleagues and I formed the idea that literature is any intellectual piece that is rooted in substantial research. Since this course, I have included 5th century BC philosophers, psychiatric journals, and collegiate papers all worth literary recognition. Therefore, literary studies is a comprehensive analysis of various texts through a number of given resources. And it is through Advanced Composition, Creative Writing, American Poe try, and Foundations of Literary Criticism where I have experienced substantial growth and development.I have included a number of my experimental and analytic works to demonstrate my achievement in broadening my awareness and understanding of literary studies as well as my growth as a creative writer and an engaged participant in academic conversations. In particular, I recall my strong interest in the topics discussed in my Advanced Composition 321 course, as well as my need to express my opinions inShow MoreRelatedI Am Pursuing Nursing As A Profession873 Words   |  4 PagesReflective practice is a regulatory requisite that  ¬future nurses, such as myself should undertake in order to be able to conduct proper care towards patients. It is also the capacity to reflect on ones action to engage in a process of constant learning by using a range of strategies in orders to expand my knowledge. This essay will divulge in my reflection as to why I am pursuing nursing as a profession as well as describe and expound on how reflective practice will aid future nurses. I will beginRead MoreReflection Of A Reflection On Academic Skills1043 Words   |  5 Pagesof the good and bad quality within yourself. Taking action of the weaknesses and developing my skills to improve myself around everyone, (Stadter, 2015). Gibbs Reflective Cycle (1988), a framework for students to resolve problems in assignments, step by step, I will reflect on my own problems, (UK Essays, 2013). My previous goal was to study in a university and now that I have accomplished that goal, my next goal is to complete the course with a good grade. But the reality of achieving the FoundationRead MoreReflective Essay774 Words   |  4 PagesReflective Essay In developing my reflective essay I have used two entries from my journal and also the effect the course becoming a teacher has had on me personally. The theme chosen after closely analyzing the course on a whole is ‘Learning and experience.’ Majority can relate to the slang; â€Å"we learn from our experience.† What is learning? Learning can be defined as the process whereby behaviour is changed as a result of experience, (Matalon 2000). Learning occurs when experience cause a relativelyRead MoreReflective Reflection748 Words   |  3 Pagesreflecting on completed essays has allowed me to analyze the development of my writing over the semester. Although this semester consisted of only five essays, it has become apparent to me that my writing has improved in many aspects throughout the semester. One general example of this improvement is the vocabulary, where simple vocabulary in the first essay had become more complex by the final essays. Additionally, I also believe that my writing has become more reflective of my actual voice and opinionsRead MoreCritical Reflection In Nursing1335 Words   |  6 Pagessimilar error. Reflective practice can help to learn from their mistakes, be empowered and most importantly to deliver best possible care to patient as nurses must work closely with their patients to develop a therapeutic relationship. Critical reflection is a valuable skill to ensure patient centred care. This practice promotes personal development by enhancing students’ self-awareness, their sense of community, and their sense of their own capacities for safe care practice. This essay will reflectRead MoreMy Teaching Toolbox.. Educ 6513: Teaching Adult Learners.1101 Words   |  5 Pages My Teaching Toolbox. EDUC 6513: Teaching Adult Learners Mohamed Faizalla Yorkville University February 19, 2017 â€Æ' My Teaching Toolbox My understanding of skillful teaching has been formed through my practical teaching experience, and further developed as a master of education student who has the advantage of learning and discussing the most recent literature about education and methodology. I found that I completely agree with, Brookfield’s explanation and understanding of skillfulRead MoreReflective Essay : Reflective Introduction1682 Words   |  7 PagesReflective Introduction Transferring What I Know Reflecting back on my experiences from my Writing 39C (and Writing 39B) class, I can acknowledge the changes and evolution in myself as a writer. In my Week 1 Self-Assessment, which was written at the beginning of the Writing 39C course in reflection to Writing 39B, I mentioned that one of my central strategies in my writing process is focusing on the pre-writing. My pre-writing process includes strategies such as brainstorming and outlining. I mentionedRead MoreThe Task Based Language Teaching Approach1673 Words   |  7 PagesMy reflective autobiography By Lun Peng (Gloria) 1. Introduction The Task-Based Language Teaching Approach (TBLT) has been China’s promoted teaching method since 2001. As a novice teacher, I used a standard process which I learned from a mandatory training course on TBLT organized by teacher educators in Beijing, China. During the first two months of adapting TBLT into my teaching, I came across three major challenges: unmotivated students, little acquisition of forms and individual differences betweenRead MoreReflection About Education In China1077 Words   |  5 Pagesor touched. But education obviously has a huge impact on our individual, society, nation, and all aspects of our lives. I am a student from China. I think the understanding of education is very different under different cultures. In this essay, I will combine my educational experience in China and the learning experience in module 1 to objectively analyze education from different perspectives. And Ill explain what Ive changed in understanding and thinking about education in module1s learning processRead MoreEssay on Personal Narrative: My Experiences with Learning Processes1386 Words   |  6 Pagesand weaknesses, develop action plans. Learning styles lead to self development. Self-development is basically personal development. It is about improving personal knowledge, skills and performance. And personal development is only possible if someone completes the learning cycle. The supervised work experience was for the students to experience their theoretical knowledge into practical work. This training has also helped me in knowing my strengths and weakness. SWE is very important for any hospitality

No comments:

Post a Comment